Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What's your comfort zone?

I have a simple question for you! When did you change your hairstyle last? I don't mean wearing a baseball cap or pulling it back as a change. I mean a really new style, not just a trim. I'd bet more than not, you have to really think about it. Why is that? I sugest that it is a comfort thing! Ok, got your hair styles five years ago and have it all figured out how to maintain it, so it is just easier to keep it. This is human nature, nothing to be ashamed of, but something you need to be aware of.
I have another question for you... I may have several, I'm still thinking! Lol. How many of you get your nails done? Shellac, gel, acrylic, what ever, I'll bet you are staying in the same color palette as you've worn for years. Sometimes when asked, women will say, I've always been a pink person... WHAT! Really??? I can tell you that we are never, a fill in the blank, person all the time! I know for a fact, what I absolutely loved when I was 25, I don't much care for now although at the time I though things were the end all. I sometime look at my wedding china choice and wonder what the hell was I thinking!
For our really young readers, I'm sure you can never imagine yourself in an SUV or minivan, swearing that your sporty little car is the only type you'd be caught in! Well, little sweeties, let me explain. Once children come into your life, all bets are off! But this is an example of us actually changing, but only because necessity is dictating us to do so. Again, human nature.

So, why do we fight change so much? Change is something that renews our spirit, renews others perception of us, and opens all sorts of new doors and avenues to explore. Simple changes are the easiest to make. A new hair style, new makeup colors, new accessories that are different than what you've been wearing can open a whole new world of style.

Style should be personal, one no one can exactly duplicate. Make it YOURS! Look at fashion, look in magazine, online ,wherever. Ten pick out things you like about these looks and adapt it to you. I recommend using Pantone.com. There you can get the latest fashion colors, trends and great ideas to inspire your look. Emphasis on the word INSPIRE. Remember, your body type may not allow for some very chic styles, but some part of the look will. Take into consideration your coloring, body type, and age. Pick colors, whether for fashions or your hair that flatter you. Use colors that just aren't right for you away from your face for example. Try a "younger" shade of nail polish. Try high lighting your hair or getting it cut. Keep it fresh and you will find that you too don't like everything nearly as much as you thought. Adding a new scarf or statement piece to an old top can update and renew your style and you. It's not how much you have to spend on new items, it's only that you have to spend some thought!

A Lyn-Marees you can experiment with thousands of combinations and be assured that you are receiving truthful advise while avoiding sticker shock! In an effort to maintain an individual look, we only purchase one of each item, so when you pick up a piece here, you know you are not going to see it on anyone else in town! One less thing to worry about! Chain stores can not offer this unique service, they have buyers that buy in volume for thousands of stores. We handpick each piece and only buy for you. Keep this in mind and get out of that comfort zone and have a very exciting New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment